Updates on the Institute during COVID-19 pandemic
Update: March 26, 2020
New Resource - COVID-19 Information
We have compiled a list of websites and other resources relating to COVID-19, for people with disabilities and others in Pennsylvania and beyond. We encourage you to keep up-to-date by following reliable information sources.
March 18, 2020
As all of you are well aware, the COVID-19 virus is rapidly changing the way we all interact and support one another, and the way we do our work.
In compliance with directives from the Governor of Pennsylvania and the President of Temple University, the offices of the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University, College of Education will be closed at least through the end of March.
Though our physical offices are closed, our work will continue – but it will be done remotely. We will all be taking full advantage of the communications options available. We thank you in advance for your patience during this transition.
We encourage you to embrace the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding social distancing, improved hygiene, and other measures to reduce your exposure to the virus. The CDC also will have the latest information about the virus and on what to expect.
- Temple information across all campuses
- Information about Philadelphia
- Information from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Annual Disability and Change Symposium is now an online learning module which will be available to take at any time for free.
- The series of Community Forums to discuss Person-Directed Services
- Families First March sessions have been canceled.
- TechOWL, the Institute's assistive technology program, is adapting some of its services.
As we all know, this is a very fluid situation and we do not know how long this will last. Please keep in touch. Please continue to follow us on social media and please feel free to email us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you and your loved ones good health and we will see you soon!