Learn the Early Intervention system and become an informed, active part of your child's team.
Families First 2021 Sessions
Register for virtual sessions on Zoom. (Please register 3 days in advance for a language other than English.)
No sessions currently listed.
About Families First
Families First is a free empowerment training on the basics of early intervention in the Philadelphia school system.
All families receiving early intervention services in Philadelphia are welcome.
Families First was developed and is taught by parents of children in Early Intervention, in partnership with nationally recognized professionals.
Parents who attended Families First told us –
"I discovered the importance of developing a vision and goals for my child."
"The whole class was enlightening and motivated me tremendously."
"Families First is a group of parents that talk to you like they are in your family."
Families First offers you–
- Direction on how to be an effective member of the Early Intervention Team.
- A chance to meet other families with children who receive services.
- Information to help you be confident as an equal member in your child's Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Family Services Plan (IFSP).
For more information, contact
Cathy Roccia-Meier, Institute on Disabilities Project Director of Leadership Development
Voice: 215-204-1772 | TTY: 215-204-1805
Families First is sponsored by:
- Philadelphia's Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services (DBHIDS)
- Elwyn Early Learning Services
- The Philadelphia Interagency Coordinating Council (PICC)
Conducted by: The Institute on Disabilities at Temple University, College of Education.