Regional Resource Councils
You are using Participant-Directed Services (PDS) every day, so YOU are the EXPERT.
You can make more people experts in PDS!
Be Part of a Regional Resource Council
What do you know about Participant-Directed Services?
- Do you have stories about your life using PDS?
- Do you want more people with disabilities to have choice and control in their lives?
- Do you want to help make PDS better in Pennsylvania?
We need people who know about PDS who can:
- Share what works well
- Tell what isn't working well
- Talk about what needs to work better
- Work on ways to share information
- Build trainings
- Teach people
People who want to do these things can be part of a group called Regional Resource Councils. These councils will get support from the project staff to do this work through:
- Meeting monthly by phone or webinar
- In-person meetings about every three months
- Listening to you about what you think your area, or region, needs
- Helping you do the things you think your region, or area, needs
- Training on what you think you and your region need
- Talking about your ideas, and how they can be shared to make change
Do you have questions, or want to learn more?
Could you be a great Regional Resource Council member?
This project is supported by a grant from the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council; in part by grant number 2001PASCDD-02, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects with government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official ACL policy.
For more information about PDS
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.