Learn the early intervention system. Become an informed, active part of your child's team.
Families First is a free empowerment training offering information sessions on the basics of early intervention supports and services. All families who have an infant, toddler or preschool age child receiving early intervention services in Philadelphia are welcome to attend.
Training topics include:
- Overview of the IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) and IEP (Individualized Educational Plan)
- Transition from an IFSP to an IEP, the Nuts and Bolts
- Potty Training
- Therapeutic Play with My Child
- Assistive Technology for Families
- Advocacy Tips for Families
- and more...
Training sessions may be in-person events or webinars. (Recordings of webinars are later made available on the Institute's Families First webpage.)
Families First was developed and is taught by parents of children in early intervention, in partnership with nationally recognized professionals.
Families First is a Philadelphia Interagency Coordinating Council Activity funded by Philadelphia's Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services (DBHIDS) and Elwyn Early Learning Services.
For More Information