Are You Providing Employment Supports and Need the Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators (ACRE) Certificate?
The College of Employment Services (CES) is designed for Direct Support Professionals who guide people with disabilities toward fulfulling jobs.
Each lesson is focused on a specific facet of employment where staff will learn what they need for ACRE.
The courses are built on the same core competencies covered in the Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE) National Certification exam — CESP™ (Association of People Supporting Employment First).
Topics covered include:
- Legislation and regulations
- Job Development
- Promoting and mentoring jobseekers
- Building base of employers and relationships
- Individualized Career Planning
- Interviewing techniques
- Analyzing benefits
- Etiquette and people-first language
Access to CES is FREE for:
- People with disabilities
- Family members/caregivers
- Person-directed services
- Providers currently using College of Direct Support (CDS)
- IM4Q programs
- Administrative Entities
- Support Coordination Organizations
- Office of Developmental Programs
• DirectCourse is a collaboration between Elsevier and the University of Minnesota’s Research and Training Center on Community Living. • The College of Employment Services is administered in Pennsylvania • Funded through the Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs, Department of Human Services