Competence and Confidence Partners in Policymaking (C2P2)
Become a leader in your community. Learn to work with policymakers to make a difference in the quality of life for people with disabilities.
C2P2 is a free leadership development training program for Pennsylvanians who:
- are family members of a school-age child with an intellectual disability and/or autism
- are adults with an intellectual disability and/or autism
The program selects highly motivated people who represent different ethnic backgrounds and, who for the most part are not already involved in advocacy organizations. C2P2 participants make a commitment to attend a series of scheduled, multiple two-day trainings in sessions that are either virtual and in-person.
- about local, state and national issues affecting people with disabilities from experts, self advocates or people with lived experience;
- to foster a partnership between people who need supports and services and those who make policy and law;
- to advocate for themselves and others;
- to teach policymakers a new way of thinking about people with disabilities.
- C2P2 offers free meals, travel reimbursements, and lodging when applicable.
- C2P2 is funded by Pennsylvania's Office of Developmental Programs.
For More Information