Person Directed Services and Supports (PDSS) > Share Your Story
Share Your Story
The Institute on Disabilities at Temple University and Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council would like to know what YOU think about Person Directed Services.
Share your personal experience about directing your own services, both challenging and successful.
The stories posted on the Institute website have been shared by many people across Pennsylvania who direct their own services.
Stories can be shared in two different ways
- Take a video on your phone of you answering one or more of the questions below.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to send a video.
- What are some of the things you enjoy about directing your own services and supports?
- Tell us about a time when you and your support service professional (SSP) tried something new in your community.
Where did you go?
What did you do?
What did you like about this activity?
How did your SSP support you in this new adventure?
- Is there anything you think is hard or challenging about directing your own services and supports?
Tell us about a time that you faced a challenge with your support staff and how you worked through this challenge.
- Directing my own services and supports is important to me because... [finish the sentence your own way]
Want to see examples of stories?
For more information contact PDSS@temple.edu.
This project is supported by a grant from the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council; in part by grant number 1901PASCDD-02, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects with government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official ACL policy..