Person-Driven Services > 2017 Symposium
Thursday, December 7, 2017 - PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER
A Symposium Celebrating Participant Directed Services in Pennsylvania
Share stories of challenges and successes.
Confirm your commitment to expanding and enhancing Participant Directed Services in Pennsylvania.
10 AM to 5 PM
Sheraton Hershey Harrisburg
4650 Lindle Road
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Event is free. Lunch will be served.
Registration is required.
Note: Registration period has ended.
Event is open to:
- All people directing their services
- Families who act in an Employer Capacity
- Service and Support Professionals
- Supports Brokers
- Supports Brokerages
- Support Coordinators
- Support Coordination Organizations
- Financial Management Service Organizations
- Government representatives who support Participant Directed Services
Download Summary and Report: Power to the People A Summit on Planning for Services Controlled by People with Disabilities
- 10:00 AM: Welcome by Celia Feinstein, Temple University, Institute on Disabilities
- 10:15 AM: Plenary by Shirley Keith-Knox, Dauphin County AE
- 10:30 AM: Opening Keynote by Kristin Ahrens, ODP
- 11:00 AM: Session: PDS in PA, An Important Part of the National Movement by Gail Godwin, Shared Support Maryland
- 11:45 AM: Session - Panel of Pioneers: Supports Brokerages Start Ups, moderated by Javier Salazar, Values Into Action
- 12:30 PM: Lunch and Learn - Panel of Pioneers: Self Advocates Speaking to PDS, moderated by Gail Godwin
- 1:45 PM: Session: Overview of Employer Best Practices by Jennifer Raschke, PHR, Alternatives HR
- 2:45 PM: Break
- 3:00 PM: Closing Keynote by Nancy Thaler, ODP
- 4:00 PM: Open Forum/Success Shout Outs/Next Steps, facilitated by Sonya Carter, PA Supports Broker Network and Lisa Tesler, PA Family Network
- 5:00 PM: Adjourn
For more information