Become a LEADER in your community.
Learn to work with policymakers to make a difference in the quality of life for people with intellectual disabilities and/or on the autism spectrum.
C2P2 is a free program for:
- Family members of a school age child with an intellectual disability and/or on the autism spectrum;
- People with an intellectual disability and/or on the autism spectrum.
2020 Session Dates
- January 31 - February 1, 2020
- February 21-22, 2020
- March 27-28, 2020
- April 17-18, 2020
- May 1-2, 2020
- June 5-6, 2020
- June 26-27, 2020
- September 11-12, 2020
Fridays: 1 PM - 9 PM
Saturdays: 8 AM -3 PM
Hyatt Place, Bethlehem
45 West North St.
Bethlehem, PA 18018
Participants Will Learn
- About local, state and national issues affecting people with disabilities;
- To foster a partnership between people who need supports and services and those who make policy and law;
- To advocate for themselves and others;
- To teach policymakers a new way of thinking about people with disabilities.
- History of the Self-Advocacy and Independent Living Movement
- History of the Family Movement
- Visioning for a Preferred Future
- Best Practices in:
- Early Intervention
- Inclusive Education
- Community Inclusion
- Federal, State and Local Laws and Regulations
- How to effectively educate Legislators
- How to run a meeting
- How to serve on a Board of Directors
- Effective Communication
- Conflict resolution
- Assistive Technology
- Community of Practice in Supporting Families and in Employment
- Community Engagement
- Community Organizing and Resource Development
- Successful applicants MUST commit to attend ALL sessions in person at the Bethlehem location;
- Attendees must review all materials before and after each session;
- Homework will be assigned and must be completed;
Participants will be reimbursed for travel and provided lodging (if 40+ miles are traveled).
C2P2 is free but only a limited number of applications will be accepted.
Application period is extended to January 17, 2020. All applicants will be notified on or around January 20, 2020.
Apply for C2P2 2020
Funded by Pennsylvania's Office of Developmental Programs.