Become a LEADER in your community.
Learn to work with policymakers to make a difference in the quality of life for people with intellectual disabilities and/or on the autism spectrum.
C2P2 is a free program for:
- Family members of a school age child with an intellectual disability and/or on the autism spectrum
- People with an intellectual disability and/or on the autism spectrum
2018 Session Dates
- January 26-27
- February 23-24
- March 23-24
- April 27-28
- May 18-19
- June 15-16
- July 20-21
- September 21-22
Fridays: 1 PM - 9 PM
Saturdays: 8 AM -3 PM
Specific location to be announced.
Participants Will Learn
- About local, state and national issues affecting people with disabilities;
- To foster a partnership between people who need supports and services and those who make policy and law;
- To advocate for themselves and others;
- To teach policymakers a new way of thinking about people with disabilities.
- History of the Self-Advocacy and Independent Living Movement
- History of the Family Movement
- Visioning for a Preferred Future
- Best Practices in:
- Early Intervention
- Inclusive Education
- Community Inclusion
- Federal, State and Local Laws and Regulations
- How to effectively educate Legislators
- How to run a meeting
- How to serve on a Board of Directors
- Effective Communication
- Conflict resolution
- Assistive Technology
- Community of Practice in Supporting Families and in Employment
- Community Engagement
- Community Organizing and Resource Development
- Successful applicants MUST commit to attend ALL sessions in person at the Harrisburg location;
- Attendees must review all materials before and after each session;
- Homework will be assigned and must be completed;
- Complete a Community Action project.
Participants will be reimbursed for travel, personal assistance services and childcare costs (based on individual circumstances) and provided lodging (if 40+ miles are traveled).
C2P2 is free but only a limited number of applications will be accepted.
Applications must arrive by December 15, 2017.
Apply for C2P2 2018
Or download, complete and mail an application (PDF).
Return completed application to:
C2P2 Applications, Institute on Disabilities, Temple University
Student Center Room 411S, 1755 North 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
We will review your application and notify you of results.
Funded by Pennsylvania's Office of Developmental Programs.