HCBS Final Rule
Free Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Webinars
Join us for a series of free webinars on Home and Community Based Services led by Jamie Ray-Leonetti, Associate Director of Policy, Institute on Disabilities at Temple University
- HCBS Lunch and Learn for Self-Advocates and Families
DATE: Friday May 8, 2020
TIME: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Care Rationing During Covid-19 and the HCBS Final Rule
DATE: Friday May 8, 2020
TIME: 1 PM - 2:30 PM
If you have questions, please email Jamie at email@example.com.
This project is supported by a grant from the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council; in part by grant #1801PABSDD, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects with government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official ACL policy.
HCBS - Introduction
The Home and Community Based Settings (HCBS) Final Rule, a federal policy change announced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), provides new opportunities for people with disabilities to have the kinds of community services they want. Here you will find information about the HCBS Final Settings Rule and resources in Pennsylvania and nationally to help you get the community life you want.
This project is supported by a grant from the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council.
What does community inclusion look like?
Visit the #Inclusion4AllPA photo gallery page for more images like this.
In the News
News You Can Use: CMS Issues New Heightened Scrutiny GuidanceUpdated guidance on Home and Community-Based Services regulation bulletin via Medicaid.gov 03/22/2019
Statement of HCBS Advocacy Coalition Regarding Guidance from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Regarding the HCBS Settings Rule (PDF)
"Even as we are pleased to see CMS reaffirm its intent to preserve and faithfully implement the HCBS Settings Rule, we are disappointed by the agency's decision to modify prior guidance regarding the heightened scrutiny process for 'settings that isolate.' The prior guidance used evidence-based guidelines..."
- HCBS Settings Rule: Approaching The Original Deadline (via Council on Quality Leadership)
- Getting to Know the HCBS Final Rule (PowerPoint)
- CMS Publication - HCBS Final Rule: Current Issues and Future Direction August 2017 (PDF)
- Pennsylvania's Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings CMS Final Rule - Statewide Transition Plan (PDF)
- PA Transition Plan - Section 1: Identification (PDF)
- Pennsylvania's Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings CMS Final Rule Statewide Transition Plan - Public Comments
- PA Presentation on Transition Plan (Department of Human Services)
- Provider Self-Assessments (download zip file)
- Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) - HCBS Final Rule
- HCBS Advocacy Coalition
- HCBS Advocacy Coalition White Paper on Ongoing Monitoring and Outcomes
- Community Living Policy Center Technical Paper on Heightened Scrutiny (PDF)
- Autistic Self-Advocacy Network (ASAN): Home and Community-Based Services Regulations Q&A: Settings Presumed to be Institutional & the Heightened Scrutiny Process (PDF)
- HCBS Advocates Toolkit: ASAN Toolkit on Improving Home and Community-Based Services
- ASAN Easy Read toolkit
- Community Living Policy Center Webinar - Best Practices in the HCBS Settings Rule: Bringing HCBS to the 21st Century (slides and recording available)
Videos: What do self-advocates need to know about the HCBS Final Rule?
HCBS Overview - overview video about the Home and Community Based Settings Services rule and its various components
- About the Rule - essential information about how the rule will promote choices, independence, and community for people receiving supports
- Residential Settings - learn about the various requirements placed on providers involving residential settings
- Rights Restrictions - the impact of the HCBS Settings Rule on rights restrictions and modifications for people
Council on Quality and Leadership's The Realities of House Rules
- Presentation: The Home Community-Based Services (HCBS) Final Rule and Delaware's Transition Plan (Delaware Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance)
- Presentation: MDHHS Home and Community Based Services Rule Project Implementation Update (PDF)
- Outreach and Education: Michigan Department of Health & Human Services - Home and Community-Based Services Program Transition
- Home and Community Based Settings Rule - Resources for Consumers, Providers, and Stakeholders (State of New Jersey Department of Human Services)
- Guide: Getting the Community Life You Want A Guide to Home and Community Based Services Advocacy (Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities)
- HCBS Waivers - Comprehensive Website
- HCBS Settings Rule - FAQ for Individuals and Families (PDF)
- Presentation for Individuals and Families: "Renewal and Redesign of Tennessee's Long-Term Services and Supports Delivery System for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities" (PDF)
- Presentation for Providers: "Renewal and Redesign of Tennessee's Long-Term Services and Supports Delivery System for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities" (PDF)
- HCBS Transition Planning - Comprehensive Website (Utah Department of Health)
- Presentation - The Home and Community Based Settings Final Rule Utah's Transition Plan for a Path to Compliance (PDF)
- HCBS Rule and Transition Planning Resources (PDF)
- HCBS Webinar (Disability Law Center)
- Report: Evaluating Utah's Transition Process - an Opportunity for Inclusion (Disability Law Center) (PDF)