Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Magnifier / Visual Aid - Free Trial Resources
- Zoom Text
Integrated magnification and screen-reader software. Features "xFont" and NeoSpeech technology.
Screen magnification software with read-aloud capability.
Software designed to magnify and read aloud specific text content on screen. A 30-day trial is available.
- Premier IE Toolbar
Tools for Internet navigation including a talking pointer, full dictionary, text reader, text-to-mp3 file creation utility, zoom in and zoom out features and many others.
- Magnify It
Allows user to zoom in on any area of a computer screen, to magnify difficult-to-see content. Available FREE.
Browser tool "add on" that makes reading web pages easier. User can select the style of the display, the size of the text, and the size of the margins to fit their viewing preferences. Available free.
- Blio eReader
Offers books in electronic format with large text, full color, and all other features common to electronic readers. Available Free.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1601 N. Broad Street
University Services Bldg., Suite 610
Philadelphia, PA 19122