Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Assistive Technology in the IEP
- Center for Applied Special Technology
Information about educational services with respect to universal design for learning, a framework to encourage learning for all students, reducing barriers that hinder the education process.
- National Assistive Technology in Education Network
Network with a multi-disciplined approach to assistive technology in education. NATE offers resources that are accessible and understandable to all disciplines.
- Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network
PATTAN works with the Bureau of Special Education to assist local special education agencies. The site provides extensive links to evidence-based practice, professional development, and websites supporting students.
- Great Schools
Listings of school ratings across the country help users evaluate their children's schools or learn whether other options are available. The site provides information about special education in general and a section for users to share information and resources.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1755 N. 13th Street
Student Center, Room 411S
Philadelphia, PA 19122