Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Home Accessibility / Home Modifications
- Concrete Change
Designing all homes, not just specially designed homes, to be accessible to all people, including visitors; considering the ability to enter a home through an exterior/interior door a major priority in all home construction.
- Easter Seals and Century 21 Systems
Developing accessible homes for the aging population to maintain independence. Resources include educational brochures, an expert panel with additional resources, and easy-to-implement tips for making an accessible home a reality.
- Fair Housing Accessibility FIRST
Supported by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, this initiative promotes compliance with the Fair Housing Act design and construction requirements. The program offers comprehensive and detailed instruction programs, useful online web resources, and a toll-free information line for technical guidance and support.
- National Association of Remodeling Industry
The NARI is the professional association of remodelers and provides information and education about the benefits of remodeling to a smart home. The site provides list of NARI-approved remodelers.
- Fall Prevention Center of Excellence
HomeMods is a service provided by the Archstone Foundation through the Fall Prevention Center of Excellence. This website provides an extensive list of resources that act as guides and assessment tools for home safety and home modification.
- Self-Determination Housing Project of Pennsylvania
SDHP works to increase the stock of affordable, accessible and integrated housing and to expand access to public and private housing programs for people with disabilities. The project's mission is for all Pennsylvanians to have the opportunity to live in decent housing which meets their needs.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1755 N. 13th Street
Student Center, Room 411S
Philadelphia, PA 19122