Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Hearing Loss Association of America
HLAA provides assistance and resources for people with hearing loss and their families on how to adjust to living with hearing loss. The goals of this organization include: education for all about hearing loss; advocacy for access, improved technology, and governmental action; and for increased self-help, making the hearing impaired individuals a valued part of their community.
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
Extensive resources about the anatomy of speech and hearing areas, ways to navigate health insurance and many other resources that include advocacy and outreach programs.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1755 N. 13th Street
Student Center, Room 411S
Philadelphia, PA 19122