TechOWL Graduate Assistant
Contract Duration: June 2022 - May 2022 (dependent on hire date)
100% Appointment (Full Time - 20 hours)
Supervisor: Kim Singleton
- This Graduate Assistantship is available to students pursuing a terminal degree (Ph.D. Ed.D.) as well as Master's students.
- Individuals with lived experience of disability and/or experience navigating disability systems are encouraged to apply.
- Preparing a monthly, quarterly, or annual reports on various programs and projects for funders.
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong planning, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Excellent external oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively, and with minimum supervision.
- Able to establish and maintain relationships in a collaborative environment.
- Able to independently plan and organize time.
- Able to accurately enter data.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Teams and Excel. Able to learn RedCap.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible with changing circumstances, tasks, work environment.
During the academic year, 17 hours/week will be on job tasks and 3 hours/week participating in a weekly interdisciplinary graduate seminar and developing a research proposal for presentation.
This position is a Graduate Assistantship position. The student will be paid in equal monthly stipends at the College of Education Compensation Rate. Students receive 12 months of medical benefits. This position does not include tuition remission.
Applicants must submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and interest specific to the position
- A resume or CV
- Two letters of recommendation sent to the above email directly from the reference
An application is not considered complete until all are received. It is highly recommended that the student follows up with their recommenders to ensure the letters of recommendation have been mailed. Applications are not eligible without the letters of recommendation.