Learn to work with policymakers to make a difference in the quality of life for people with intellectual disabilities and/or on the autism spectrum.
Back to main C2P2 page
C2P2 is a free program for
- Family members of a school age child with an intellectual disability and/or on the autism spectrum;
- People with an intellectual disability and/or on the autism spectrum.
Become a LEADER in your community.
2021 session dates
- January 29 and 30
- February 26 and 27
- March 19 and 20
- April 23 and 24
- May 14 and 15
- June 4 and 5
- June 25 and 26
- August 27 and 28
- September 17 and 18
Fridays: 4 PM - 9 PM
Saturdays: 9:30 AM - 3 PM
Additional Introductory Session Required
In addition to nine weekend sessions, participants are required to attend ONE of the following introductory sessions:
- Saturday, January 23, 2021 from 11 AM - 12:30 PM
- Monday, January 25, 2021 from 5:30 PM - 7 PM
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 from 7 PM - 8:30 PM
Participants Will Learn
- About local, state and national issues affecting people with disabilities;
- To foster a partnership between people who need supports and services and those who make policy and law;
- To advocate for themselves and others;
- To teach policymakers a new way of thinking about people with disabilities.
- History of the Self-Advocacy and Independent Living Movement
- History of the Family Movement
- Visioning for a Preferred Future
- Best Practices in:
- Early Intervention
- Inclusive Education
- Community Inclusion
- Federal, State and Local Laws and Regulations
- How to effectively educate Legislators
- How to run a meeting
- How to serve on a Board of Directors
- Effective Communication
- Conflict resolution
- Assistive Technology
- Community of Practice in Supporting Families and in Employment
- Community Engagement
- Community Organizing and Resource Development
- Applicants MUST commit to attending both sessions - all nine weekends, plus one introductory session
- Attendees must review all materials before and after each session
- Homework will be assigned and must be completed
free but only a limited number of applications will be accepted.
Application period ended January 8, 2021. All applicants will be notified if they were accepted, during the week of January 11, 2021 via email.
Funded by Pennsylvania's Office of Developmental Programs.
Cathy Roccia-Meier, Institute on Disabilities Project Director of Leadership Development
Voice: 215-204-1772 | TTY: 215-204-1805
Give Now Join our mailing list