FEMA Region III Conversational Gathering
January 15, 2013
9 AM - 4:30 PM
FEMA Region III
One Independence Mall
615 Chestnut Street
Assistive Technology and Access for People with Functional Needs: A Focus on Emergency Management for the Whole Community
Emergency Managers and disability leaders will spend the day together to share what has been learned from recent events and to use that learning to strengthen the planning, response, recovery and mitigation activities of the region.
Topics for the day include:
- Accessible alerting and messaging
- Distribution of Durable Medical Equipment and Assistive Technology
- Integrating Disability Advocates into Long Term Recovery Committees
- Disability Integration and Funding Initiatives
Marcie Roth, Director, FEMA Office of Disability Integration and Coordination will open the day.
Each session will include a panel of speakers that will address their topic areas.
Registration for this event is free, however space is limited and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to attendees and stakeholders who have communication access needs, including Limited English Proficiency. Requests for accommodation or for materials in an alternative format must be made no later than January 4, 2013.
- Agenda - download Word document
- Keynote Speaker Bio - download Word document
- Speaker Profiles - download Word document
- Contact/Emergency Information and Parking - download Word document
- Where to Stay - download Word document
- Local Restaurants - download Word document