Telecommunication Device Distribution Program (TDDP)
- Introduction to the TDDP: American Sign Language | Text Transcript
- Application Forms
- Equipment List with Descriptions
- Frequently Asked Questions About TDDP:
Get video of top 4 questions in American Sign Language (ASL).
- Volunteer Centers
- Program Contact Information and Brochure
- Exceptions Instructions and Procedures
- Additional Resources
- TDDP WIRELESS (PILOT)
- We want to hear from you! Tell us how you like this TDDP webpage. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pennsylvania's Telecommunication Device Distribution Program (TDDP) provides specialized equipment, FREE, to eligible Pennsylvanians who have disabilities which impede them from having independent access to telephone services. People with disabilities includes people who are deaf, hard of hearing, speech impaired, blind or have visual problems, have physical disabilities or intellectual disabilities. Created through PA ACT 34-1995, the TDDP is implemented by Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT), a program of the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University, in conjunction with the PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) and the PA Public Utility Commission (PUC).
Adobe Reader (or other PDF reader) is required for PDFs - get Adobe Reader for PDF
** Applicants Please Note: Item TL-Q90D-TDDP, the Ameriphone Q90 with speaker, has been discontinued and is no longer available. The downloadable equipment lists below will be updated as soon as possible to remove this item.
English Applications and Equipment Selection Lists
- PDF: English Application and Checklist
- PDF: English Equipment Selection List and Eligibility Criteria
- Word: English Application and Checklist
- Word: English Equipment Selection List and Eligibility Criteria
Spanish Applications and Equipment Selection Lists
- PDF: Spanish Application and Checklist
- PDF: Spanish Equipment Selection List and Eligibility Criteria
- Word: Spanish Application and Checklist
- Word: Spanish Equipment Selection List and Eligibility Criteria
Chinese, Vietnamese, Russian, and Korean Applications
To apply, download, print and complete the application and equipment selection list. (Or you can contact us and we'll send an application in the mail.) Read the application carefully and fill everything out completely. You must include all of the required paperwork. If information or documents are missing, the application process will be delayed. The required paperwork is listed on the application.
A Certification of a Disability is required, signed by a professional such as doctor, your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor or an audiologist. You must have a copy of your current phone bill to prove that you have a phone line in your home, a copy of a proof of income to show how much you money you earn, and proof that you live in Pennsylvania. Complete direction about the paperwork is on the application.
The application is accompanied by a list of approved equipment. Review the list and to determine which equipment will meet your needs. If you're unsure about the equipment, contact us to discuss. We can even arrange to show you the equipment, or lend it to you if needed.
Has your income recently changed due to a layoff?
You may now qualify for TDDP.
If you did not meet the TDDP income guidelines before and recently have been laid off from your job, you may meet the current income guidelines based on your unemployment compensation. Consult your unemployment compensation award letter and the new TDDP income guidelines. Please contact TDDP with any questions.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Pennsylvania resident with a disability or disabilities that prevent you from making and/or receiving phone calls independently;
- Be six years of age or older;
- Have individual gross income of 200% of the federal poverty level or less (low income);
- Have current telephone service; and
- Have the ability to learn how to use the requested device(s).
If you can answer YES to ALL of the above questions, you may be eligible for free equipment.
Financial Eligibility Guidelines, as of January 31, 2017
|Size of Family Unit||Gross Income (200% of federal poverty guidelines)|
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) recently published the 2017 poverty guidelines. Beginning January 31, 2017 these guidelines will be used to determine TDDP income eligbility.
Frequently Asked Questions About TDDP: Get video of top 4 questions in American Sign Language (ASL).
TDDP Program Manager
Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
A program of Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
1755 N. 13th Street
Student Center, Room 411S
Philadelphia, PA 19122
TDDP Brochure - En Español (Spanish, MS Word)
TDDP Brochure - Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese, MS Word)
TDDP Brochure - по-Русский (Russian, MS Word)